A franchise can include copyright, trade secrets, business concepts, and trademarks. There are a variety of issues that must be considered for both parties, during and after the franchise relationship.
Therefore these are the most important questions you have to answer before franchising or buy a franchise:
1. Is a license, for use of the trademarks, included in the agreement?
2. What conditions are placed upon the use of the intellectual property?
3. What protections of the trademarks are in place?
4. How will the reputation of the business be maintained?
5. How will trademarks be protected once the franchise relationship is ended?
If you have more questions don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.